- An Air India Express plane carrying about 190 people reportedly crashed when landing at Calicut International Airport, also known as Karipur Airport, in India.
- Photos from the scene showed what appeared to be the plane broken into at least two pieces. There were no immediate reports on casualties.
- The flight was arriving from Dubai.
- This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
An Air India Express flight reportedly crashed in Calicut, India on Friday, after it overshot the runway while landing.
Initial reports indicated that there were about 190 people on board. The Times of India reported that there were 184 passengers and six crewmembers. There were no immediate reports on casualties.
In photos posted from the scene to social media, the plane appeared to have broken into at least two pieces.
—The Times Of India (@timesofindia) August 7, 2020
The flight, reported to be Air India Express Flight 1344, was inbound from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.