- The 62nd Grammy Awards will take place on Sunday, January 26, 2020.
- Insider ranked the artists nominated in the “big four” categories — record of the year, album of the year, song of the year, and best new artist — by streaming numbers from Spotify’s Top 200 chart in 2019.
- Post Malone took the top spot with 2,258,453,158 streams.
- Some artists did not crack the chart and were therefore not ranked, including album of the year nominee Bon Iver.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
As expected, anticipation is already running high for those prestigious awards — record of the year, album of the year, song of the year, and best new artist — to be handed out at the 62nd annual ceremony, which will air live from Los Angeles’ Staples Center on January 26, 2020 at 8 p.m. ET on CBS.
Insider scoured Spotify’s weekly list of top 200 songs to find out which of this year’s “big four” nominees had the most streams in 2019. They’re ranked below in descending order.
Important to note: Four best new artist nominees (Yola, Tanya Tucker, Black Pumas, and Tank and the Bangles), as well as album of the year nominee Bon Iver, didn’t break into Spotify’s Top 200 chart last year, and were therefore not included in this ranking.