Rapper Bushwick Bill is not dead but gravely ill, despite reports


The family and management for rapper Bushwick Bill hit back at reports Sunday that said the rapper had died, saying he is continuing to battle pancreatic cancer.

Fifty-two-year-old Bill, who is a founding member of the rap trio the Geto Boys, is not dead, as some reports said earlier Sunday, but is “fighting for his life,” his son wrote on Instagram Sunday.

Bill’s son wrote in a caption on @therealbushwickbill account Sunday afternoon to clarify that his father isn’t dead, “contrary to what has been prematurely, insensitively, and inaccurately posted/reported—My dad IS NOT dead.”

The caption echoed his daughter’s comment that the rapper is “alive and fighting for his life. He needs your continued prayers and support.”

A publicist for Bill, whose legal name is Richard Shaw, told the Associated Press that the rapper was on a ventilator at a Colorado hospital and that his family was traveling to be with him.

TMZ reported that concerns about Bill’s health could have come from his absence from a gig in Dallas where he was scheduled to deliver a special performance.

The development comes after many were quick to speak out in mourning for the rapper, including Houston hip hop legend Bun B, who wrote on Twitter that Bushwick “was, is, and will always be a legend.”

Bill revealed in early May that he had been diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer and had begun intense chemotherapy. Saying he hadn’t told his Geto Boys collaborators, Bill said he was sharing his diagnosis to raise awareness.

“It’s not like I’m afraid of dying,” Bill said. “It’s about life and living life and being there for family… I just want people to be aware so when they set dreams and goals they’re healthy to fulfill and live.”

Read more:

Katherine Schwarzenegger gushed about marrying Chris Pratt: ‘Nothing but blessed’

The last living nun who fought Katy Perry’s purchase of LA convent says the singer ‘has blood on her hands’

Prince Louis wore the same outfit for his royal balcony debut as Prince Harry did more than 30 years ago



Source link