George Zimmerman was banned from Tinder over user safety


George Zimmerman — the man who was acquitted of murder charges in the shooting death of unarmed teen Trayvon Martin in 2012 — has been banned from Tinder.

A spokesperson for Tinder told the Huffington Post on Sunday that Zimmerman’s profile had been deleted, citing user safety.

“At Tinder, we take our users’ safety very seriously and our team has removed this profile from our platform,” the spokesperson said.

The spokesperson did not elaborate on why Zimmerman was removed from the dating platform.

Screen grabs from Zimmerman’s Tinder profile were published by Creative Loafing Tampa Bay on April 17.

The screen grabs show Zimmerman’s bio, which said: “I’m looking for carefree, fun! I love the outdoors, fishing camping and hiking. I love adventure not into huge crowds. I’m also down for a quiet night with Longhorn take out.”

Zimmerman’s profile was removed from Tinder months after Bumble banned him from its platform in December.

Read more: A woman sent more than 159,000 text messages to a man she’s accused of stalking after going on a single date, according to police

He was banned again from the cite recently after creating an unverified profile, a Bumble spokesperson told CNN.

“We have thousands of moderators working tirelessly with our users to make Bumble the safest and most empowering social networking platform and this is another example of those efforts,” the spokesperson said.

Zimmerman was found not guilty of second-degree murder in 2013 for Martin’s death.

In 2015, he was arrested on suspicion of aggravated assault and domestic violence, though prosecutors did not file charges.

In 2017, he threatened to “beat” Jay-Z over the rapper’s docuseries about Martin. In 2018 he was accused of stalking a private investigator who contacted him on behalf of producers behind Jay-Z’s docuseries.



Source link