Prince Philip, 97, is voluntarily giving up his driver’s license after getting into a car crash last month.
“After careful consideration The Duke of Edinburgh has taken the decision to voluntarily surrender his driving license,” a Buckingham Palace spokesperson told the BBC.
Buckingham Palace said he surrendered his license on Saturday.
The news comes nearly a month after Philip, the husband of Queen Elizabeth, was involved in a car crash near the Sandringham Estate in Norfolk.
At the time, the duke was pulling out of his driveway in his Land Rover Freelander when he collided with a Kia. His car ended up on its side following the collision.
The duke apologized to a woman who was injured in the crash. He was left unharmed.
At the time, Philip suggested that he did not see the Kia because of the bright sun.
Shortly after, when Philip was pictured driving without a seatbelt, Norfolk Police gave him “suitable words of advice,” the BBC said.
Norfolk Police confirmed that Prince Philip handed over his license on Saturday.
Officials said it will be returned to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.
The Crown Prosecution Service is investigating the collision.